Saturday, January 26, 2013

Good Folks on the Machine


Yesterday I was in a fairly bad mood so instead of working on customer quilts I decided it would be a better move to work on something of my own.  I decided I wanted to do some free motion quilting as I thought that moving the needle around would take off some of the edge that I was feeling.  Aaaahhh, how therapeutic is quilting!!!  I definitely don't need anything other than sewing to set me in a better mood. 

The quilting on this is just a simple back and forth, I wanted to quilt the areas between the peels very heavily and to avoid quilting over the peels in order to make them pop out.  This morning I got up early to turn the quilt and quilt the other half of this and I am loving the result!  Can you see the backing fabric on this quilt?  Nine yards of Good Folks being used on this 100" x 100" quilt!  It feels decadent to use this on the back, but I did get it on clearance a long while ago, so that is my excuse. 

Happy Australia Day everyone!  We won't be traveling anywhere today, but we do have some fun things planned:)

16 comments:

Monkeysinmypocket said...

I'm loving this quilt. are the colours appliqued or have you pieced it? Must have been something about the day yesterday, lots of people I spoke to were in a mood - me included!!

Leanne said...

I love your quilting on this quilt. Are those petals pieced or appliqued on, I am putting this pattern on my to do list. And I am so glad you have used such a beautiful back.

wobblybobbin said...

The quilting is brilliant, I can't wait to see the beautiful end result!

Danielle said...

It looks fantastic, J! And that is my favourite Good Folks print on the back :)

Jenny said...

Oh....I love this so much!

Annabella said...

The quilting is stunning...well the whole quilt is really. Glad you are feeling better :-)

Emily said...

This quilt is beyond amazing! I'm so jealous of that good folks fabric! Mine has long been used up!

Danny Heyen said...

This is so pretty. I know I have pinned it and Flickr faved every image I can find. You are super talented. Glad you had a day to relax and unwind with your own quilt!

Every Stitch said...

Beautiful - love the quilting you have done here!
Hilda
Every Stitch

Janette said...

I really love this quilt - and the way you've quilted it.

cat and vee xoxo said...

beautiful quilt Jeannette! I love AMH fabrics - some of my favourites are in the Good Folks line. Love the quilting you've chosen to do too.

I can't even imagine making an orange peel quilt - are all the peel-pieces appliqued by hand or machine? So much work, but so totally gorgeous! Catherine

Elaine said...

i just love this quilt! it's beautiful!

Mama Spark said...

Oh Jeannette I love this one. I adore the straight lines too. BEAUTIFUL!!!

Karee said...

The straight line FMQ is an excellent choice to make the Orange Peel pop. Very clever and lovely look. Thank you for sharing!

cinzia said...

this quilt is fantastic! are the peels hand appliqued?

gRANDEBBIE said...

I absolutely love love this quilt,,what size are the blocks???

Total Pageviews