Saturday, September 14, 2013

Marcelle Medallion--More Borders Added



It's getting harder and harder to photograph a flat shot of my Marcelle Medallion quilt as it is growing!  I just have the crosses and outer border left to do now.  I had planned to write a mini tutorial on an alternative way to do the Flying Geese triangles, but to tell you the truth, I didn't like my method.  Lol, I think I could stand as an example in the Quilt Along of what not to do!  Don't foundation piece the Flying Geese triangles, but do foundation piece the center star.

Make sure if you haven't already checked out the Marcelle Medallion Quilt Along that you have a look!  There are lots of really awesome Marcelle Medallion quilts being built at the moment!

3 comments:

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Why didn't you like foundation piecing the geese? I have been contemplating this quilt and that is one the the reasons it seems more doable/faster?

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Oh, and yours is gorgeous!

BJ Monitas said...

it looks great and especially its a good idea using flying flamigos instead of flying gooses ;). Love your quilt. bjmonitas

Total Pageviews