Sunday, December 29, 2013

Fireworks Quilt

I've likely been more sick than well in 2013, including most recently dealing with pneumonia that I've decided celebrate the end of 2013 with a Fireworks finish.  I've been working on this quilt, a pattern called "Fireworks" by Camille Roskelley on and off for a while now.  I finished the last block this morning and decided to play around with the blocks making a mosaic in Picassa to test out which layout I might prefer most.  It's much easier than trying to scramble around finding free space on the floor to decide arrangement--each block is 16 inches and so it does take up quite a lot of space in the room.

The fabrics I used in this quilt are a little off my usual beat of late, they are mostly by Tilda with some Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry thrown in.  I am loving the soft feminine look of this quilt.  I hope to get the blocks sewn together soon and on the long arm as I plan to free motion quilt this one and have been looking forward to the practice.

In other news, our shop is having a 20% off of everything sale with a minimum purchase of $24.  Use the code "January" at the checkout.  We would appreciate your business and hope to continue to offer exciting new fabrics in 2014.
ShopPolkaDotTea

20 comments:

Debbie said...

Such a lovely finish!

Merran said...

what a great idea using Picassa, but then that assumes you can take a half decent photo, which we all know I Cannot!

Leanne said...

Your quilt is beautiful. Lets hope 2014 is a good one for you.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I love this Quilt and what a buzz to have it re IG'd by Camille. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Have fun. hugs

Karen said...

Fantastic blocks which will make a fab quilt! I hope 2014 is better for you health wise.

Ann said...

I agree with Merran. Great idea to use Picassa but how do you get your photos to fit together so perfectly?
Your blocks are gorgeous!

Ann said...

I agree with Merran. Great idea to use Picassa but how do you get your photos to fit together so perfectly?
Your blocks are gorgeous!

Lorna McMahon said...

Love this! This pattern does those fabrics justice. Glad to hear you are feeling better! Happy New Year!

Mama Spark said...

This is beautiful!!! Hope you get well sweetie!! Happy New Year.

Teresa in Music City said...

Just simply gorgeous!!!! Caught my eye immediately - what impact!

Dianne said...

Well if I was in awe of you before I am now downright gobsmacked! The volume and quality of your work is inspiring (okay maybe a little intimidating as well)but to know that you have produced what you have this year whilst being ill a good part of the time???!!! OMG. I hope 2014 sees you hale and hearty once more. I can't wait to see what you create.

Hilary said...

This looks gorgeous! I love the idea of making a collage to "layout" the blocks.

Jenniffier said...

Looks amazing!

Kara said...

You absolutely nailed this pattern! Your fabric choises just make it pop (you can't blame me for the pun, it was begging to be used)! All of your work is amazing, I love being able to follow along on IG!

Chookyblue...... said...

beautiful block.......heres hoping 2014 is a well year for you........

Karen@littlebirdiequilting said...

what a great selection of fabrics- the blocks look fantastic all together.

vanessa said...

Fabulous I am in awe of the volume of projects this year mom wife and all it's inspiring all whilst sick a good part of the year my hats off to you and may 2014 bring you joy health and success xxoo

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is stunning! Really beautiful :)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is stunning! Really beautiful :)

Terry said...

I just finished my version of the Fireworks quilt. I was just wondering how you quilted yours.

Total Pageviews